Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dublin Core+Practical Experience=Light Bulb

Recently I have had the opportunity to use the Dublin Core Metadata scheme and I think I like it. When I first learned about DC in the obligatory cataloging class, I understood it in a very general, theoretical way. Now that I have had some practical experience, it makes a great deal more sense and I can see how useful it really is. Not to say that I want to jump into cataloging, but I have a new appreciation for DC how it helps with organization and discovery.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it, Justin. I haven't started yet...I'm still waiting for one of the site supervisors. I'm kind of glad since I've been so busy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same boat as you, Karin. I meet one of my supervisors on Thursday. Hopefully I'll hear from the other this week. I'm working with Georgia State and Dalton State. How about y'all?

      Delete
    2. I'm with Georgia Regents University and I've been talking with my supervisor and we finally got most of the kinks worked out. I've only submitted on item, but I have a better idea of what I'm doing now.

      Delete